In this episode of the Freelance Transformation Podcast, poker freelance writer and marketer Barry Carter shares his work from home lifestyle and how he finds balance between staying productive and not becoming a workaholic. He also shares a very unique productivity and health secret.
You will learn:
- How Barry parlayed a stroke of good luck and his poker hobby into freeing himself from his corporate job and becoming a freelance writer.
- The realities of working from home and the importance of setting a regular schedule.
- How to avoid becoming a workaholic that "lives at work".
- Developing healthy e-mail habits.
- How to take advantage of subtle social nuances to make effective changes to the protocol for contacting you and reducing distraction.
- Dog ownership: the surprisingly amazing productivity tool and health secret.
- Diagnosing your sleep and cutting out the obvious sleep impediment... caffiene.
- The productivity benefits of taking breaks and getting enough sleep, and the diminishing returns on working long hours.
- Using the 80/20 rule to isolate what creates impact.
- And more.
- Poker Media Pro: Barry's website.
- @barry_carter: connect with Barry on Twitter.
- Four Hour Work Week: the book on productivity.
- Jawbone and Fitbit: track your fitness and upgrade your sleep.
Show Comments and Feedback
Thanks so much for listening.
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
And of course, feel free to comment on the episode in the comments below.