Joining me today is Jason Hanley, a long-time friend and the real deal when it comes to living the remote work lifestyle.
Jason has operated his several employee software consultancy while living all over the world, including British Columbia (Canada), Texas (USA), France, New Zealand, and his current home, the Carribean island nation of Saints Kitts and Nevis.
Listen to the episode:
In this episode you will get a behinds the scenes look at...
- How Jason converted a traditional office-based business with 5 full-time employees into a virtualized organization through heavy use of the 80/20 rule.
- How to remotely manage employees and clients.
- Where Jason focuses his time each day to achieve maximum impact and get to do what he enjoys.
- The ingredient for building a long-term nomadic lifestyle as a consultant.
- The importance of selecting the right projects that are congruent with your business, and the importance of turning the others down.
- The straight dope on the advantages and disadvantages of the "nomadic entrepreneur" lifestyle.
- Beyond the nomad life: creating freedom in your life without the constant travel.
- Keeping yourself accountable to your goals.
Episode Resources and Links
The following were mentioned in today's episode:
- Syllogistic Software: Jason's software consultancy.
- jasonhanley.com: Jason's personal website and links to connect with Jason.
- The 4-Hour Work Week: the book that started Jason down years of travel.
Show Comments and Feedback
Thanks so much for listening.
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
And of course, feel free to comment on the episode in the comments below.