FT 013: Building an Amazing Agency from a Lifestyle Passion with Kristin Carpenter-Ogden
It's fair to say that Kristin is passionate about the outdoors. As a cyclist, climber, and mountaineer she is living her dream lifestyle in Durango, Colorado, a small mountain town.
Rather than waiting until retirement, she created this lifestyle by founding Verde Brand Communications, an amazing agency that works with some of the leading outdoor adventure brands.
In this episode Kristin takes us through her amazing journey, what has allowed her to build and manage an agency with 4 offices, what the roles of a CEO in an agency should be, and introduces the second business she has recently founded - Living Uber.
Listen on iTunes Listen on Stitcher
Podcast RSS Feed | Download MP3
Kristin shares with us:
- Her "quarter life crisis" and why she moved to a small mountain town in Colorado instead of pursuing a traditional career.
- How she leverage a journalism career to found Verde Brand Communications (while pregnant!).
- The very strong criteria that has for finding the right clients to work with.
- The importance of the team that she has built (hint: can you figure out why her staff want to work for her?)
- How she transitioned from the very tough beginning to building an agency that can actually grow and scale.
- Insight into a "typical" day in her life and how she gets it all done.
- The responsibilities that she focuses on as CEO (this is so enlightening).
- Bold by Peter Diamandis: Learn how go big, create wealth, and impact the world.
Connect with Kristin Online:
- Living Uber: The Resource and Community for Entrepreneurs in the Active Outdoor Markets
- Verde Brand Communications: Integrated Communications for Passion-Driven Brands
Follow Kristin on Twitter: @GoLivingUber
Learned a Key Insight? Struggling on a Challenge?
Share your wins and questions on the material in the comments below.
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
Share your thoughts and feedback below: