FT 044: Getting Past Roadblocks in Your Consulting with David Shriner-Cahn
No matter who you are, you will encounter roadblocks while running your business, but that doesn't mean that you have to be stuck forever.
Today's guest, David Shriner-Cahn, helps his clients create breakthroughs while they struggle to grow their businesses and shares how you can implement some hiring and organizing strategies as you hit roadblocks in your own consulting business. Sometimes, it can be as simple as changing your mindset.
Listen on iTunes Listen on Stitcher
Podcast RSS Feed | Download MP3
David shares with us:
- Roadblocks Happen: David explains how roadblocks form from things that you don't know that you don't know and therefore couldn't have expected, but also shares how to be prepared for them.
- How Fear is Holding You Back: Fear keeps us from having the important conversations to see how things are going with clients and within your business.
- How to Find Support Through Peer Groups: David shares the importance of having a support group that is removed from the immediate business to give you perspective and may have different solutions to similar problems.
- How to Find Support Through Mentors: Always be willing to give to others because that is how opportunities happen and help you build relationships with people who have more experience than you.
- How a Team Can HelpYou Manage Time: As a freelancer, you can't run all aspects of the business as effectively as someone who has specialized. Building a team with these other specialists can help you better manage your time and help you focus on what you need to do to manage the business.
- Hiring Tips: The best time to hire is when you don't really need them badly, because when a crisis comes, it is too late to hire. David also explains where to look and what to look for in a new hire and how to test them out before committing too much.
Find David Online:
- Free ebook: “Five Setbacks Experienced by Superstar Entrepreneurs (and How They Overcame Them)” by David Shriner-Cahn
- www.smashingtheplateau.com: David's podcast
- Twitter: @tendsp
Share your thoughts and feedback below: