Ruben Gamez is the founder of Bidsketch, a proposal generation software service that has resulted in over $300 million dollars in accepted proposals.
This puts Ruben in a very unique position when it comes to understanding what elements of a proposal create a substantial increase in proposal acceptance and size of project. In this episode Ruben shares these insights with us.
Ruben shares an absolute wealth of knowledge on writing more effective proposals, including:
- Why write proposals in the first place?
- The minimum sections each proposal should have, including the often-missed call-to-action.
- The crucial groundwork that must be done before writing your proposal - missing this can mean losing the project before you write a single world.
- The powerful combo of bundling your services and providing 2-4 different pricing tiers and why these tactics work to simulatenously increase project size and reduce the risk of coming in over budget.
- Why initially enthusiastic prospects get evasive and cold after receiving the proposal.
- Why you are being told that your prices are too high and what to do about it.
- What happens behind the scenes when a proposal is being evaluated by a prospect.
Books and Resources:
Connect with Ruben Online:
- Bidsketch (2 months free): Create professional client proposals in minutes. Use this link to receive 2 months free when purchasing any Bidsketch subscription (new customers).
- Bidsketch Blog: Bidsketch blog containing more insights on writing effective proposals.
Learned a Key Insight? Struggling on a Challenge?
Share your wins and questions on the material in the comments below.
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.