You've probably heard of Brennan Dunn. He built an 11 employee agency, founded Planscope.io, runs Double Your Freelancing, and just started a new brand new agency utilizing what's he's learned.
I had a chance to sit down with Brennan a few weeks ago during MicroConf and chat about what he learned running his first agency, and how he is structuring his new one.
In this episode Brennan shares some amazing wisdom including:
- How to avoid having clients own your time.
- How to position yourself as the solution to your client's problem, rather than a commodity.
- How to figure out what your clients REALLY need, rather than what they think they want.
- How to automate your sales process and stop wasting time convincing your clients to choose you.
- Really powerful book recommendations.
Books and Resources:
- Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing: Learn how to sell a service (invisible product).
- The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't): Learn how the brain makes decisions so you can write the best copy for your website and proposals, among other things
- The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing: Perfect book to “geek out on pricing” and learn psychology of pricing.
Find Brennan Online:
- Double Your Freelancing: Brennan's training materials on how to build your freelancing business.
- Planscope: Brennan's project management tool.
- Follow Brennan on Twitter (@brennandunn)
Show Comments and Feedback
Thanks so much for listening.
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
And of course, feel free to comment on the episode in the comments below.