Part of being a true consultant to your clients, and not just a hired technician, is to really become a trusted advisor and even coach to help them succeed.
This makes Marc Mawhinney a fitting and interesting Freelance Transformation Podcast guest. Marc is the host of the Natural Born Coaches podcast (262 episodes strong), and a coach to other coaches.
Marc shares with us:
- His own journey of transitioning from real estate to becoming a coach, and his big breakthrough of moving from "business coach" to niching further down.
- What is the role of a coach and why someone would hire a coach.
- How to advise your clients and how to approach this so that clients can discover the actual problem.
- What prevents people from listening to your advice/acting on it.
- The marketing approaches that Marc uses to obtain his own clients.
- How Marc structures his coaching investments (hint to long-time listeners: productized consulting is happening here).
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill: Timeless and one of the best selling self-help books of all time.
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks: Every person has a thermostat inside them connected the level of success they are comfortable. If we go outside this level of success, we'll often sabotage ourselves.
Find Marc Online: