Einar Vollset shares the story of how he built App Aftercare, an entirely recurring revenue-based consulting consulting business.
He shares with us how to define your perfect client, his massively effective strategy for finding his company's ideal clients, how he is able to completely avoid waiting on companies to send him cheques by billing requiring a credit card, and so much more.
In this episode Einar shares:
- What he learned from his previous consulting gigs and why his App Aftercare business is different.
- Why the recurring revenue model is so critical to beating the feast or famine cycle.
- How to define your ideal customer.
- Einar's simple and very effective approach to prospecting and cold outreach to potential ideal customers.
Books and Resources:
- The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance by Josh Waitzkin
- Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
- Crashlytics: Mobile app crash analytics.
- Crittercism: Stabilize your mobile app.
- Patrick McKenzie Dissects Einar's Model on Hacker News
Connect with Einar Online:
- Einar's Productized Consulting Free Course: "A practical course to help find your productized consulting idea -- and stable, recurring revenue."
- App Aftercare: Einar's recurring revenue consulting business.
Follow Einar on Twitter: @einarvollset
- FT 008 with Kurt Elster: it is very instructive to compare Kurt's business with Einar's. There are some great similarities, but also some very different approaches.
- FT 006 with Brennan Dunn: fantastic interview with Brennan, who is also mentioned on this episode.
Show Comments and Feedback
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
And of course, feel free to comment on the episode in the comments below.