Kurt Elster is the co-founder of Ethercycle, an ecommerce consultancy which helps Shopify stores grow their revenue.
In this Freelance Transformation Podcast episode you will learn how Kurt repositioned his business from general contract work for agencies to specializing in one thing – and the beautiful impact that has had on his business.
In this episode Kurt and I discuss:
- Kurt’s “Foolproof Positioning Statement” and why that careful specialization makes it easier to attract clients and serve them.
- How Kurt attracts the right clients via his content marketing efforts and drip campaigns.
- Techniques that Kurt uses to qualify clients and handle one-on-one sales vastly more efficiently.
- A simple approach to receiving 100% of your fees upfront.
- The criteria to use for finding a “right-size” niche.
- If you are just getting started: how to start attracting clients.
- The tools and processes that Kurt uses to manage projects.
- Fantastic resources outlined for you below.
Books and Resources:
- Assistant.to: Nifty appointment scheduling software that integrates with your inbox.
- Drip: The marketing automation software that Kurt uses to build his drip email campaigns.
- Slack: Simple real-time team collaboration.
- Debugle: The project management software that Kurt and his team use.
- Double Your Freelancing: Brennan Dunn's training materials. Check out Brennan's interview on Freelance Transformation.
- Pitch Anything: Practical methodology and insights for sales calls.
- The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't): Learn how the brain makes decisions so you can write the best copy for your website and proposals, among other things
Connect with Kurt Online:
- KurtElster.com: Ask Kurt anything on his “Ask Me Anything” page, find his coaching services, and more.
- The Unofficial Shopify Podcast: The essential unauthorized Shopify podcast to grow your traffic, conversions, and make more money with your Shopify store.
- Drip Profits: "Put Your Lead Gen on Autopilot with Drip Email"
Show Comments and Feedback
Please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback helps the show rankings tremendously, makes it easier to bring on amazing guests, and is just a really simple and amazing way to show your support.
And of course, feel free to comment on the episode in the comments below.